2017 Judged Quilts: Categories
Large quilts are defined as having no side less than 60” and no side that is greater than 96” (even if hung horizontally).
- J1000 – Hand Quilted: Any technique, bed-sized quilt. Piecing or appliqué as primary design elements. Traditional or Modern design.
- J2000 – Machine Quilted, Pieced: Bed-sized quilt. Traditional or Modern design.
- J3000 – Machine Quilted, Appliqué or Appliqué with Piecing: Appliqué is the primary design element – bed-sized quilt. Traditional or Modern design.
Small or Wall quilts are defined as having no side less than 24” and no side that is greater than 60”.
- J4000 – Wall – Hand or Machine quilted: Small quilt using traditional or modern quilting techniques. Designed to hang on the wall. May be pieced or pieced/appliquéd.
May be large or small, but no side less than 24” and no sider greater than 96”
- J5000 – Art/Pictorial – Hand or Machine quilted: A wall quilt using fabric as the primary medium. Portrait, landscape or art piece designed to hang on the wall. Creative use of embellishments and techniques are encouraged. Embellishments must be securely attached. Entry must be able to be hung conventionally.
- J6000 – Machine Embroidery – Hand or Machine quilted: A quilt using machine embroidery as the main design element.
- J7000 – Youth (age 16 & under) Hand or Machine quilted: Any technique. All piecing and/or appliqué, quilting and binding must be completed by the youth entrant, with minimal guidance from their mentor.
Note: Any category with fewer than 5 entries may be canceled or combined into other categories; at the discretion of the Judging Room Supervisor.