2017 Guild Quilt Entry Rules
How to Enter
- Entrants must be a member of a Participating Guild (click here for a list) in order to enter a quilt.
- Entrant must enter their cloth quilt by submitting a completed and signed entry form (to be provided at a later date) and 2 photographs to their own Guild Registration Committee.
- There is no entry fee for Guild Showcase quilts.
- Selection of Guild Showcase quilts to be entered into the Festival is entirely the responsibility of each Guild.
- Each Guild’s Registration Committee will submit entry forms & photos to the Festival Quilt Registration Committee between March 1, 2017, and March 31, 2017.
- All Guild Showcase quilts will be delivered and picked up as a group by the Guild Registration Committee. No individuals will be allowed to deliver or pickup their own quilts.
- Entrant must have significantly participated in the making of the quilt top or the quilting.
- All quilts must be quilted by hand or machine. Quilting is defined as a running stitch that passes through top, batting and backing. Tied or tacked quilts are not eligible (see #9.)
- Non-quilted coverlet style quilts (such as cathedral windows, yoyos or crazy quilts) may be entered into a special category. Tied and tacked is acceptable in this category only.
- Crafted items such as garments, bags, table toppers, etc. are not eligible.
- Machine quilted quilts must have been completed in the years 2015, 2016 or 2017.
- Hand quilted quilts must have been completed in the years 2014, 2015, 2016, or 2017.
- Quilts previously displayed at KCRQF are not eligible except by special invitation.
- All quilts must have a sewn-on label, securely attached to the back of the quilt. Pinned labels will not be accepted. Back, lower-left corner placement is preferred.
- All quilts must have a 4-inch, open-ended sleeve for hanging. Sleeve must be securely sewn to the quilt. Pinned sleeves or sleeves less than 4” wide will not be accepted. (Link to Sleeve Tutorial)
- All quilts must fit the size requirements noted in category descriptions. (click here to go to the Guild Category page)
- You must select an appropriate category on the entry form in which to place your quilt.
- Quilts must be in excellent condition. Incomplete, torn, soiled or quilts with strong odors or animal hair will not qualify for entry or display.
- Entry must be in a single unit. It may not be framed, mounted or covered.
- Quilts embellished with sharp objects that would be hazardous to volunteers or visitors will not be accepted.
- Quilts must be able to be folded, rolled or stacked. Special handling due to ruching, beading or other embellishments is not available.
- No substitution of the original entry will be allowed.
- Categories with fewer than 5 entries may be cancelled.
- All entries must remain on display for the duration of the show
- Awards will be given for 1st through 3rd place in each category plus Viewer’s Choice…all by vote of Festival attendees.
- Award decisions are final.
- KCRQF reserves the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate or which fails to meet entry requirements.
- Any quilt not picked up at the end of the Festival will be removed by the Festival Registration Chairs and the Guild contacted to retrieve the quilt.
Most questions should be directed to your Guild Registration coordinator, however, if needed you may contact the Festival Quilt Registration Co-Chairs:
Susan Gandy: Phone, 913-764-1250. Email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Arlene Banks: Phone, 913-492-3290. Email, email@example.com