Entering a Judged Quilt
- Online registration for cloth quilts will open March 1, 2017 for Judged Quilts.
Note: Details on the registration process will be posted on this page after January 1, 2017.
- Print and submit a copy of the completed and signed online entry form (form available after January 1, 2017), 2 copies of a photo of the quilt, and the $25 entry fee ($15 for youth category) for each quilt you enter. Mail to:
Attn: Quilt Entry Registration
P.O. Box 24174
Overland Park, KS 66223
- Entry forms & photos must be postmarked on or between March 1, 2017, and March 31, 2017.
- This is not a juried show. Space is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Registration will be closed when space has been filled.
- When your completed entry has been received, you will be notified by email. We are not responsible for lost or misdirected mail.
- There is a limit of 2 entries per person. Those entries must be in different categories (click here to go to Judged Categories)
- Information on shipping, delivery and pickup of your entry will be emailed to you in early April, once the entry deadlines have closed. If you plan on delivering your quilt, it will be to an address at a private home in Overland Park, Kansas, on Saturday, June 10. If you plan on shipping your quilt, it will be sent to the same address and need to arrive no later than June 7. Again, you will be personally notified of that information. It will not be posted on this website.
- Entrant must have significantly participated in the making of the quilt top or the quilting.
- All quilts must be quilted by hand or machine. Quilting is defined as a running stitch that passes through top, batting and backing. Tied or tacked quilts are not eligible.
- Crafted items such as garments, bags, table toppers, etc. are not eligible.
- Machine quilted quilts must have been completed in the years 2015, 2016, or 2017.
- Hand quilted quilts must have been completed in the years 2014, 2015, 2016, or 2017.
- Quilts previously displayed at KCRQF are not eligible except by special invitation.
- All quilts must have a sewn-on label securely attached to the back of the quilt. Pinned labels will not be accepted. Back, lower-left corner placement is preferred.
- All quilts must have a 4-inch, open-ended sleeve for hanging. Sleeve must be securely sewn to the quilt. Pinned sleeves or sleeves less than 4” wide will not be accepted. (Link to Sleeve Tutorial)
- All quilts must fit the size requirements noted in the category description.
- You must select an appropriate category on the entry form in which to place your quilt.
- Quilts must be in excellent condition. Incomplete, torn, soiled or quilts with strong odors or animal hair will not qualify for entry or display.
- Entry must be in a single unit. It may not be framed, mounted or covered.
- Quilts embellished with sharp objects that would be hazardous to volunteers or visitors will not be accepted.
- Quilts must be able to be folded, rolled or stacked. Special handling due to ruching, beading or other embellishments is not available.
- No substitution of the original entry will be allowed.
- Categories with fewer than 5 entries may be canceled.
- All entries must remain on display for the duration of the show
- Judges decisions are final.
- Awards will be given for 1st thru 3rd place in each category plus Best of Show.
- KCRQF reserves the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate or which fails to meet entry requirements.
- Any quilt not picked up at the end of the Festival will be removed by the Festival Registration Chairs. If not retrieved within 10 days of the end of the Festival, the quilt will be mailed/shipped COD to the entrant. All costs incurred will be the responsibility of the entrant.
Please direct any questions to Registration Co-Chairs –
Susan Gandy: Phone, 913-764-1250. Email, email@example.com
Arlene Banks: Phone, 913-492-3290. Email, firstname.lastname@example.org