Guild Quilt Entries
Guild Quilt Guidelines:
How To Enter:
- Entrants must be a member of a Participating Guild in order to enter a quilt.
- Entrants must enter their quilt by submitting an entry form, available on line, to their local Guild's Quilt Registration Representative/Committee.
- There is no entry fee for Guild quilts.
- Selection of Guild quilts to be entered in the Festival is the responsibility of each Guild. However, the Festival Executive Board reserves the right to reject any entry deemed objectionable or too controversial.
- Each Guild's Quilt Registration Representative/Committee shall ensure all quilts get registered on-line to the Festival website between March 1, 2023 and March 31, 2023. A link will be provided for registration on March 1, 2023.
- Each Guild's Quilt Registration Representative/Committee may assist with entering quilts on line.
- All Guild quilts shall be delivered and picked up as a group by their Guild's Quilt Registration Representative/Committee. No individual shall be allowed to deliver or pickup their own quilts.
- Entrant must have significantly participated in the making of the quilt top and/or the quilting.
- Quilts must be quilted by machine or hand. Quilting is defined as a running stitch that passes through the quilt top, batting and quilt back. Tied or tacked quilts are not eligible unless they are Traditional Crazy Quilts which may be tied.
- Crafted items, such as garments, bags, etc., are not eligible.
- Quilts must have been completed in the years 2021 - 2023.
- Quilts previously displayed at KCRQF are not eligible, except by special invitation.
- Quilts must have no side smaller than 24" and no side larger than 96". Quilts are limited by the width and length of 96" due to site limitations. Quilts wider/longer than 96" will not be accepted. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- Entry must be a single, stand-alone project. No guarantee can be made that any quilt can be hung along with any other quilt. It may not be framed, mounted or covered.
- Quilts embellished with sharp objects that may be hazardous to volunteers or visitors will not be accepted.
- Quilts must be in excellent condition. Incomplete, torn, soiled or quilts with strong odors or animal hair will not qualify for entry or display.
- Quilts must be able to be folded, rolled or stacked. Special handling due to ruching, beading or other embellishments is not available.
- Sleeve - Quilts must have a sewn-on 4" open-ended sleeve securely attached to the back of the quilt. Quilts longer than 90" require the top of the sleeve to be placed 90" from the bottom of the quilt to ensure that the quilt will not touch the floor when hanging, only one sleeve is required. http://www.quiltweek.com/hanging-sleeve-instructions/
- Label - A quilt label preferred location is the lower-left back corner. No pinned labels will be accepted. The quilt label should include the name of the quilt, entrant's full name, address, and phone number. To ensure impartiality in judging, please apply a fabric flap, sewn or carefully safety pinned on the top edge only, covering the label and above information. If this is not done the information will be covered with tape.
General Requirement and Information:
- No substitution of the original entry shall be allowed.
- All entries must remain on display for the duration of the show.
- KCRQF reserves the right to refuse any entry deemed inappropriate or which fails to meet entry requirements.
- Any quilt not picked up at the end of the Festival will be removed by the Festival Quilt Registration Coordinator and the Guild contacted to retrieve the quilt.
All questions should be directed to your individual Guild's Quilt Registration Representative/Committee.