The Quilt Guilds organizing the 2021 Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival are continuing towards our plans to hold the 2021 KCRQF and will “only” cancel if directed by state or local health officials. We will continue to monitor any and all issues related to Covid-19 and how it may impact the Festival.
What we are pleased to announce is that the Overland Park Convention Center (location of the 2021 KCRQF) has achieved a Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC) STAR™ accreditation and has implemented the most stringent protocols for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention in its facility.
- Face coverings will be required upon entrance per local mandate.
- Physical barriers will be added where appropriate to combat cross contamination.
- Signage located throughout the venue promoting physical distancing, hand-washing, face coverings, hand sanitizer locations, and what to do if not feeling well.
- Reduction in venue capacity enables appropriate physical distancing of six feet.
- Increased cleaning efforts for rooms and equipment.
- Portable hand sanitizer stations available throughout the venue at strategic areas of transition.
- GBAC accredited cleaning and sanitation protocols requiring the highest standards of disinfecting for common touchpoints.
- Communication of new health and safety protocols to guests and staff at appropriate touchpoints, both pre-arrival and on-site.
- Limiting and spreading out of furniture.
- Restrooms sanitized after high-guest use, with focus on using scientifically approved chemicals and procedures to kill infectious diseases.
- Reduction of guest and staff member contact points.
- Queuing lines in front of kiosks and food portables to ensure social distancing.
- Using stanchions to create boundaries, separation from guests standing in line from guests walking in other spaces.
Thursday, June 17th 20219am-6pm
Friday, June 18th 20219am-6pm
Saturday, June 19th 20219am-4pm
Overland Park Convention Center6000 College Boulevard
Overland Park, Kansas 66211