C’est Parfait – “It’s all good” in Collaging!
A collage is a combination or collection of various pieces that are brought together to make something much larger than any one item. If you are looking for a totally different quilting process and technique, add Collaging to your repertoire! It’s fun and very freeing! There are no rules, really; it’s all good – “C’est Parfait”!
When patches of different sizes, designs & colors are placed together in layers, they come together to make an image. Once fabrics are layered and fused, all kinds of embellishment techniques will add more dimensional texture to any finished masterpiece.
Learn the art of collaging while making this adorable dragonfly arrangement which can be turned into an enchanting pillow top or wall hanging . You will learn how to collage & color fabric with colored pencils. You will also learn dimensional embellishment techniques that will add texture and character to any project: Trapunto (stuffing), quilter’s Embroidery Stitches and simple Beadwork. Working with crystals will also be discussed.
6 Hour – Workshop with an hour added for lunch
June 19, 2021 – 8:00am
Room: South Concourse
Student Capacity: 20
Kit Required from CaTNix DeSigns by May 31, 2021. Pre-order your kit at www.catnixdesigns.com. $45.00 if you pre-order by May 31st. $55.00 from June 1st – June 19th.
All Kits will be available on the day of the class
- Pattern with full-size templates
- Fabrics for Dragonfly, leaves, flowers and background (fabrics will vary
- Supplies to color fabric
- Needles, threads, beads etc. for embellishment techniques
SUPPLIES PARTICIPANTS SHOULD BRING:
- Medium size Scissors for cutting fabric
- Utility Scissors for cutting paper
- Painter’s Tape
- Fabric Glue Pen (like Sewline)
- Extra fine Sharpie Marker
- Water-soluble Fabric Marker
- #2 Lead Pencil
- Standard Pencil Sharpener
- Emery Board
- Pressing sheet or cloth
- Light Box is very helpful, but not required