Hand Stitch Reverse Applique
Learn how fun and easy it is to hand stitch reverse applique while you create the beautiful Honey Rose 18” x 18” quilt piece. You’ll learn our unique technique of under-coloring to add spots of color to your reverse applique, too. And it’s all done with Eye of the Beholder’s simple 4-step method: Trace, Baste, Snip & Stitch. Then we’ll come in with a touch of applique to add further dimension, still with our same 4 easy step method. Finish your piece as a table topper, a wall-hanging, or a pillow. Come join the fun! I will lead you step by step through the process. Learn how easy it is to get sharp points, crisp corners and graceful curves. You will love the results you get and you don’t get hung up on the pins. Be empowered to do reverse needle-turn appliqué by hand, do it like a pro and enjoy it!
6 Hour Workshop (with a 1-hour break) – Hand Work Class
June 19, 2021 – 8:00am
Student Capacity: 20
Required: Purchase a kit with pattern (Option 2 below) or pattern only (Option 1 below) from Eye-of-the-Beholder-Quilt-Designs by May 1, 2021. Order at www.eobquiltdesign.com.
General Supply List*:
- No. 7 Sharps needle* for basting
- No. 11 Milliners needle* for appliqué
- 1 spool of 12 wt. Button or quilting thread* for basting (CONTRASTING COLOR to top batik)
- 1 Spool each of threads (50, 60 or 80 wt.) for stitching (SAME COLOR as top & appliqué batiks)
- 1 pair small, sharp scissors
- Pencil or Frixion gel pen for tracing pattern onto wrong side of background fabric
- Helpful items: Needle threader for small-eyed needles
Before class prepare the following either from the kit or your own fabric selection:
- 17 ½” x 17 ½” square of light batik for background (Pale Yellow/ White)
- 17 ½” x 17 ½” square of dark batik for top (Dark Blue)
- 4 – 2” x 2” squares Green batik for under-coloring of leaves
- 4 – 4” x 4” squares of Yellow batik for under-coloring of beehives
- 1/8 yd. for applique flower center & under beehives (Orange/red)
Option 1: Pattern only. Costs $15 print or $11.25 PDF digital. Provide your own fabric as listed on the pattern.
Option 2: Pattern and Fabric kit = $41.50 Will be shipped to you.
*You need to provide the following to finish your project:
- Backing: 3/4 yard (22” x 22”) Dark Blue
- Batting: 22” x 22” square