Repurposing your Fabric with Paintstik
Are you looking for a technique easily transform fabric you may already own into washable batiks, dramatic prints, or subtle special effects? Have you launched a project only to discover the fabric you have isn’t “quite right”, so you buy more yardage? The versatility, ease of use, and flexibility of paintstiks can give you the ability to make exactly what you need, when you need it. You will make a series of samples to gain hands on experience, and gets lots of inspiration from there instructor on how to use paintstiks for your projects.
3 Hour – HAND WORK CLASS
June 16, 2021 – 4:00pm
Student Capacity: 20
Required Kit Fee – payable to the instructor: $20.00
Includes: one stencil brush, one stencil, one paintstik, handouts, plus use of additional paintstik colors, texture plates
- A minimum of eight 12-14” fabric squares (can be cotton, silk, or synthetic).
- At least six squares need to be dark color
- Two light–can be solid, hand-dyed or subtle tone-on-tone.
- Masking or blue painter’s tape ¾ or 1” wide.
- An apron or smock (or wear old clothes).