Lively Landscapes - Day at the Beach
CLICK HERE TO FILTER CLASSES
Design and create your own original beach landscape with sand, surf, island, and palm trees using fabric. NO previous art training required!
Learn how to take inspiration from Mother Nature and use color and design principles to improve a composition. Lea will walk you through drawing a pattern, selecting fabrics to assemble and stitch a 10” x 15” beach landscape. Get tips for placement of objects in the water and on the beach to establish a focal point and hierarchy of elements. Learn how atmospheric perspective affects fabric choices, and how to create depth by adding shadows.
Lea will also provide individual advice to participants who bring a photo of a landscape they would like to create, as a follow on project.
Student Capacity: 20
Supply List - The following items are suggested, but not required, and will also be available for purchase at the workshop:
- Paper Scissors
- Fabric Scissors*
- Spools of Thread in the Following Colors: Green, Blue, Beige, Brown, Gray, Black and White
- Landscape Photo for Future Project (Optional)
- All Fabrics Needed for Creating a 10” x 15” Landscape Composition
- Reference Hand-Outs
- Variegated Threads and a Variety of Solid Color Threads
- Serrated Fabric Scissors
- 3-N-1 Color Tool
- Golden Mean Calipers
- Teflon Pressing Sheet 12" x 24"
- Teflon Iron Shoe
- Wool Pressing Mat 8 1/2" x 8 1/2"
Out of stock