Thread Painted Portraits
CLICK HERE TO FILTER CLASSES
Even a beginner can learn the skills for thread painting faces! Lea McComas will expertly guide you through basic exercises to learn filling, blending, shaping, while getting comfortable with free motion stitching.
Next, you’ll focus on stitching specific facial features: mouth, nose and eye. You will also receive instruction on selecting threads, photo editing, and tips for working on larger projects with multiple figures.
Leave the workshop with a full-face practice panel so that you can continue to build your skills at home. The class kit includes all materials needed for the workshop.
Student Capacity: 20
Supply List - The following items are suggested, but not required, and will also be available for purchase at the workshop:
- Free Motion Quilting Gloves
- Teflon Sewing Mat (Supreme Slider)
- The book: Thread Painted Portraits by Lea McComas
- Additional Flesh Toned Thread Sets, and Variegated Threads
- 2 Practice Panels
- Set of 5 Flesh Tone Threads
- Spool of Bobbin Thread
- Laminated 5-Step Grayscale
- Reference Hand-Outs
Out of stock