2023 Showcase Challenge
Two (2) quilts designed by a member(s) of the KCRQF" Participating Guilds will be selected to be hung in the Showcase plexiglass display case at the entrance to the Vendor Exhibit Hall.
Based on available display space, non-winning entries may be placed on
display inside the Quilt Exhibit Hall for viewing.
The theme for the 2023 Showcase Challenge will be “City of Quilts” and will provide the opportunity for us to share in Kansas City’s rich history and culture. For our Challenge, choose one, some, or all of the suggestions listed below:
- Landmarks: fountains, shuttlecocks, etc.
- Buildings: Western Auto Building, The Plaza, museums, etc.
- Sports: Kansas City Chiefs, Kansas City Royals, etc.
- Events: American Royal BBQ, etc.
- Other: anything that represents Kansas City
- Size: The quilt must measure no smaller than 80”X 80” and no larger than 83” X 83”.
- Technique: All or any technique and 3-D quilts are acceptable. The KCRQF cannot guarantee the quilts will not be folded or stacked
- Color: The only fabric (paint, pencil, crayon, dye, thread) colors allowed are those from the KCRQF logo. Go to kcrqf.com or check with your Guild’s KCRQF Member Representative for an example of the logo.
- Quilts with colors other than those meeting the design criteria will not be accepted.
Who May Enter?
- Any member, or group of members, from any of the 2023 Participating Guilds may enter.
- Everyone involved in the construction of the quilt must be an active guild member.
- Only hand or machine quilting services may be obtained from outside the 2023 Participating Guild
For reference purposes only: Crayola has given KCRQF permission to use their color names to help identify the colors. The colors used must be within a “reasonable variation of the colors”.
- The quilt must have a 4” (finished) hanging sleeve sewn on the back of the quilt. The sleeve may not be pinned on.
- The quilt must have a label attached to the back of the quilt listing each participant’s name and the name of the guild from which they are a member, as well as the name of the quilter.
- Quilts not having a sleeve or label will not be accepted.